Fraud & Corporate Crime
Serious or complex fraud cases.
- VAT Fraud
- Income Tax Fraud
- NHS Fraud
- Benefit Fraud
We were the first exclusively Wales based firm to be accepted onto the Serious Fraud Panel and in October 2007, the firm was appointed to the Legal Services Commission Very High Cost Case Panel which has now replaced the Serious Fraud Panel.
There are several reasons why a case may become a Very High Cost Case (VHCC):
- The Trial is likely to last more than 40 days, or;
- The Trial is likely to last between 25 and 40 days and at least two of the following apply:-
At least 10,000 pages of Prosecution Evidence;
At least 10,000 pages of the Unused or Third Party Material;
- There are More than 5 Defendants;
- A fraud or serious drugs cases where the value of fraud or drugs exceeds £ 1million;
- A terrorism or Serious Fraud Squad prosecution.
The Legal Services Commission Complex Crime Unit (CCU) manages all VHCCs. Only those firms that have been appointed to the Legal Service Commission Very High Cost Case Panel are able to conduct these cases. Martyn Prowel Solicitors is members of the Legal Services Commission Very High Cost Cases Panel and is therefore in a position to represent you in this situation.
Both Martyn Prowel and James Lynch are Level “A” Litigators, qualified to act in VHCCs.
For more information, please contact us