Police Station Representation
Any person arrested and held in custody at a police station has the right to consult a police station solicitor FREE OF CHARGE.
If you, or someone you know, are held in custody and want our FREE 24hr, 7 days a week HELP, please follow these steps:
- Inform the custody sergeant that you want Martyn Prowel Solicitors’ help
- He/she will then contact the defence solicitor call centre
- They will either provide telephone advice (for minor charges), or
- Call us during the day Monday to Friday from 09h00 – 17h30 on 0845 388 8063, or
- Call our emergency number 07887 521457 (out of hours) to make arrangements for us to attend at the police station.
We have six qualified police station solicitors on the rota assisted by ourtwo accredited police station representatives, who have many years of experience of attending police stations on a daily basis.
Our role is to advise and assist you whist you are held at the police station, to ensure that you are treated fairly and that your legal rights are protected. We will advise you about:
- The lawfulness and reason for your arrest
- The evidence that the police have obtained
- The relevant law
- Your instructions and your responses to likely questions that you will be asked by the police during the course of the tape-recorded interview
- Police station procedures, and
- The possible outcome
MON-FRI 9am to 5.30pm
029 2047 5100
Martyn Prowel EMERGENCY OUT OF HOURS TELEPHONE NUMBER