If you have had an accident at work, or suffered an injury or illness as a result of your working conditions, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Your employer is responsible for providing a safe working environment. As an employee you have certain rights under law with many of those rights extending to contractors, self-employed, or casual and agency workers.
This area encompasses injuries caused by a wide range of circumstances such as:
- Slips and trips
- Lifting and manual handling injuries
- Injuries caused by faulty work equipment
- Injuries caused by lack of training or safety equipment
- Injuries caused by a customer or patient
- Injuries caused by exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances
- Industrial diseases
Should you be successful in proving your claim it will be your employer’s insurer not your employer which will pay compensation. This is due to all employers being required by law to take out an insurance policy which covers them for accident at work compensation claims.
If you would like advice today please call our team on 029 2047 5100.