"I was prepared to give up but you were not. Thank you"
How Much Can I Claim?
The purpose of compensation is as far as possible to put you back in the position you were in before the accident happened and to help you to lead a normal life again.
You can therefore claim for the assessed value of the injury itself as well as any financial losses which have been directly caused by the injury, for example:
- Damages for pain and suffering (and effect on lifestyle)
- Loss of earnings
- Private medical treatment
- Cost of painkillers/prescriptions
- Rehabilitation treatment costs
- Damage to clothing and/or property
- Travelling expenses for attending treatment
- The cost of painkilling devices and/or suitable bedding or pillows in appropriate cases
- Damages for loss of congenial employment
- In serious cases, the cost of alterations to a property or the purchase of a suitable property due to a disability
- Traumatic amputation of fingers, toes or limbs
- Damages due to the inability to perform DIY or gardening
- Any other financial losses which have been directly caused by the accident